This project is to crowdsource a set of cards for each discipline that can be carried during play for easy reference. I have created a google form to enter the information for each discipline. When submitted the form with then turn the information into handy cards such as these:
Here are some guidelines to follow when creating cards of your own, these guidelines are also available in the discipline card folder. Links to the folder and the Discipline form will be posted below.
Discipline Card Guidelines
- Keep it simple. Some disciplines are rather wordy in their descriptions, do your best to shorten their effects to as little text as possible. If it is too long it will distort the page and cause it to bleed onto another page. If needed go back and edit the card to make sure it fits in the intended space. Make sure to enter the page number the discipline is on in case you need to look it up in a hurry.
- Communicate. As this is a crowdsourced project please be sure to communicate with others. This will help to ensure that we don’t get 6 players entering in a single discipline. Also if you find that a card is worded in a way that makes it difficult to comprehend, then suggest a revision by making a comment on the google doc. Working together we can hopefully end up with something that we can all agree on.
- Focus on the Common Disciplines first. There are a lot of awesome disciplines, but let’s focus on the most common ones first (Those used by the Camarilla Clans), before moving on to something extotic. This way our efforts can benefit as many players as possible.
- Be Patient. Google is slow, so don’t be concerned if it takes quite a while to generate a set of cards. (Animalism took me almost 30 minutes to generate the cards) While you’re waiting you can do something else, or work on entering another set of cards. If you get worried about losing your data let me know, and I can tell you if the data was successfully recorded.
- Check your Work. After your cards are generated check them to be sure the text fits the space and that you catch any spelling errors. You can also revise the text to make it easier to understand if needed.
Links to Discipline Card Materials
Contains completed cards to use and review, as well as a copy of the card guidelines. I did the first discipline (Animalism) as an example, feel free to use it as a reference.
Form to Submit your own Discipline card entries. Please make sure to complete all 5 dots of powers for each Discipline, so that we only have 1 document for each one.
If you have any questions or encounter any bugs please let me know so that I can fix them.